导航菜单
首页 > 《意林》 » 正文

Morning Song(晨歌)

后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容正文顶部

作者:希尔维亚?普拉斯

来源: 《意林》杂志

  Love set you going like a fat gold watch.

  爱使你走得像一只胖乎乎的金表。

  The midwife slapped your footsoles, and your bald cry

  助产士拍拍你的脚掌,你光秃秃的哭声

  Took its place among the elements.

  在天地间便占有了一席之地。

  Our voices echo, magnifying your arrival. New statue.

  我们的声音呼应,凸现了你的到来,一尊新的雕像。

  In a drafty museum, your nakedness

  在穿风的博物馆里,你的赤裸

  Shadows our safety. We stand round blankly as walls.

  给我们的安全投下了阴影。我们伫立在四周,像墙壁。I’m no more your mother

  我成为你的母亲,无非就像是一片云,

  Than the cloud that distills a mirror to reflect its own slow

  它凝结出一面镜子,来映照自己

  Effacement at the wind’s hand.

  在风的吹拂中缓缓消逝的身影。

  All night your moth-breath

  整个夜晚,你飞蛾般的呼吸

  Flickers among the flat pink roses. I wake to listen:

  在扁平的粉红玫瑰间飞舞。我醒来谛听:

  A far sea moves in my ear.

  远方的大海在我耳中涌动。

  One cry, and I stumble from bed, cow-heavy and floral

  一声哭啼,我便翻身下床,笨重如奶牛,

  In my Victorian nightgown.

  披着维多利亚式睡衣,身上全是花朵。

  Your mouth opens clean as a cat’s. The window square

  你张开的嘴,像猫嘴一样干净。窗户的方框中

  Whitens and swallows its dull stars. And now you try

  正在泛白,吞没其间的淡淡星辰。此刻你试唱着

  Your handful of notes;

  你那数量有限的音符;

  The clear vowels rise like balloons.

  清澈的元音,像气球一样升起。

  (何露摘自《英语学习》2011年第8期)

所属《意林》期:《意林》2011年第19期

更多《意林》精品电子版文章请点击:https://www.zaixianyuedu.cn/yilin/
后台-系统设置-扩展变量-手机广告位-内容正文底部

相关推荐:

留言与评论(共有 0 条评论)
   
验证码:
二维码